jueves, 31 de mayo de 2018

Python programming: 100% automated robot that scrapes & post deals on Twitter and Instagram entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

Hello All, I would like to share a little project I have been doing just programming with python. The main objectives of posting it here are to:

  1. Get ideas on how to improve it?
  2. How to monetise it?
  3. Could this experiment be extrapolated to something bigger?

Background:

I have always been interested in programming until 2 years ago when I started learning machine learning with Python. My methodology was simple: I needed an objective or project and work towards that. So I joined several Kaggle competitions and got myself quite motivated about it in parallel to my daily job. I work as an engineer (12+ years experience) in a high tech industry and was easy to me to understand and apply the mathematical and practical foundations of machine learning. After I built some know-how I started doing some other things in parallel to my job, web scrapping, applying machine learning to stock exchange and forex to identify opportunities, web scrapping in big retail companies to identify seasonal products and opportunities, etc.

Then I started learning Flask but realised that web development can be quite tough due to is a very dynamic world and some concepts do not respond to logic, but still working on it. All this with the main objective of building something in parallel with my day job. I have lots of ideas but realised that all of them were quite big and would not be able to do it on my own.

The reason I do not leave my current job and dedicate to one of this big projects with more people is: I love my job, I have a great work/life balance and I consider myself well paid and I have not found people with the same drivers as myself. However, I have a strong entrepreneur spirit and am always looking for opportunities to build in the side. So I decided to start a little project, small monetisation, but something that worked and that would not take me too long to construct or to maintain.

The Project:

This is basically a 100% automated robot that follows this sequence:

1.- Web Scrapping into a “Retail company X” deals to get all data related to product, time left for the deal, discount, price, etc. mainly in Technology.

2.- Sort all the deals by discount giving higher weight on the most expensive products

3.- Get the deals one by one and produce one banner with the main picture of the photo, the product, some text to advertise it, the discount, etc.

4.- Post it in Twitter and Instagram with some text and funny emoticons.

So the robot is creating one post every hour from 8:00 to 24:00. There are some rules like it will never post one product twice and before posting is scrapping all the deals, removing duplicates, sorting, etc.

Then I have a couple of robots that are following people with similar interests, and also giving likes and favourites based on hashtags in both Twitter and Instagram. I am trying to control this since I don’t want to create lots of spam. This is how a typical post looks like, currently only in Spanish:

https://imgur.com/a/56LfIww

It took me about a week working at night to build the program above. Currently I am trying to monetise it with “Retail Company X Affiliates” and building enough followers to start generating some interest from other vendors.

The robot is 100% automated and requires minor maintenance. All this is running in a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and my plan is to leave it running for several months and see results. Currently I have been running it for 5 days and I already have nearly 300 followers (probably low quality followers).

Please, could you let me know your thoughts about it, how to improve it, how to monetise it and/or how to extrapolate this to a more commercial business?

Thanks for your help!

Benito

submitted by /u/BenitoCamelasVG
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur https://ift.tt/2LLITPq
via IFTTT
$$$http://howmakemoneywithblogging.blogspot.com/$$$

how to make money out of blogging & become a successful blogger

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario