miércoles, 31 de mayo de 2017

Perhaps keyword research is BS in some industries. earn by blogging adsense income

Here is why I think keyword research is irrelevant BS for some industries and why the common advice, that Google is smart enough to detect small variations in keywords and treat them similarly, is wrong.

I photograph weddings. I have great long articles with original ideas. I've had them syndicated across several big photography sites. (Not wedding blogs, because they're mostly interested in photos and a bit of cloying text to accompany them).

At no point did I engage in keyword research of the type where you set out to "answer questions" people are asking Google. I wrote articles based on questions I would be interested in if I were getting married or if I were a novice photographer.

Some topics inevitably ended up featuring a few of the keywords research would have suggested, but most did not. But here's where the common technique fails. When people search for a wedding photographer, they mostly type "wedding photographer" or add a local keyword to that phrase to make it "wedding photographer [city]".

Now look at those results in keyword research tools and Google autosuggestion: they'll show you variants like "[city] wedding photographer", "[city] wedding photography", "[city] wedding photographers", and combos for [city] at the end instead of the beginning. You'll see similar recombinations of "best wedding photographer [city]", "[city] wedding photography prices", and so on.

It's impossible to write unique and meaningful content for each variant of "wedding photograph-" (-er, -ers, -y) in addition to combinations with city names (at start or end) and all the other words, too.

And before anyone says that different suffixes are treated as the same thing, I've got news for you, they're definitely not. I've been tracking my SERP performance​ for the different variations and suffix combos, and they're all different. "Wedding photography" is high (first or second) but "wedding photographer" is several pages lower, and "wedding photographers" is trailing on 2nd or 3rd page.

SEO gives me a headache.

submitted by /u/yvesbgoode
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News http://ift.tt/2sdUBsj
via IFTTT
can blogging make money

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario