viernes, 29 de septiembre de 2017

Management of minority partner question (interest not yet vested) entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

I'm looking for the community's honest opinion on some management questions. Bit of background:

I worked in a corporate testosterone pit for several years, reached project manager, managed 80+ people, had to hold people accountable as needed, nothing out of the ordinary. I'm a genuinely nice individual who enjoys leading people to self growth rather than coming down hars on them to force change. It worked for me in that role, but there were definitely a mix of personalities and sometimes a firm response was warranted.

A couple of years ago I left and started my own services business. Started as myself. Got traction. Added essentially a junior partner (25%). Interest is not yet vested (feel like that is an important distinction to make). Also, no management experience or high stress work experience. I brought this person on as future interest holder because income was still tight and could not accomplish all of the work on my own. Monthly draws were low and we both stayed on the grind through everything.

I'm the one pulling the heaviest load. I'm fine with that because I love entrepreneurship. I have the most invested in the business. I also have the manager role. Jr. Partner cuts out at 5, but will sometimes stay later. Generally performs as needed, although work is sometimes subpar (I review important documents before they go to clients). Is not fully focused on work throughout the day ((non work internet use). Would say he is in office 40 hrs per week.

Business continues to grow, hiring our first employee. Getting better and faster in the business, and finally starting to pull a livable wage. But, seems to be a decline in jr. partner attitude. Late to work a few times. Feet up on desk.

He did not like how something I sent went out this week and criticized it. I don't care about that, I want opinions to be expressed so we can improve the business. It was the way he did it. He demanded it not happen that way, blamed me for it, essentially started playing manager. The screw up is largely his fault because he failed to state several items accurately. He out generic terms in. The manner in which the item went to the clients is industry standard, but for the generic nature of the items. I don't mind breaking industry standard for an improvement, but it must be expressed better.

I briefly addressed it earlier this week because I had a million other things to do. Brought it up today so we could discuss it amicably, and it was not received well. Basically told me he is a partner and can express his feelings however he wants. I said no, manager-subordinate role exists, you need to express them in a better, more constructive way. Became firm on my position.

I'm putting together more precise position contracts this weekend to coincide with the new hire and evolution of the business. Hopefully this helps resolve things. I generate the clients and polish the finer details into things. He does the technical work.

I'm interested to hear anyone's thoughts on addressing interest holders before their interest vests. Critique me and make me a better manager. Open to all thoughts. I don't think letting it go was the answer for fear that it would turn into more of an issue, but I'm open to criticism.

submitted by /u/Probablyforgotmypw
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2fx9p0h
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario