martes, 31 de octubre de 2017

24 Hours to Launch : AKA What it feels like to chew glass! entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

24 hours to D-Day. Jack Bauer has nothing on me. I am staring down the barrel of 6 months of work with only 24 hours left to pull off something great with no margin for error. I'm not going to write this post with quotes about overcoming fear or stepping into your destiny, etc. Rather, this is the post that I will state all the emotions and fears that are overwhelming me in this moment.

I am scared. There, I said it. I know its not a clever thing to say in this day and age and guys like Gary V. will say you have to "fake it" or represent your best self or something else like that, but that is honestly not me. The name Divergent Entrepreneur was not just clever marketing, but rather who I am in everything that I do. I am different and although my fear may be the same as every other entrepreneur who has gone before me, how I deal with it will be different. So, to that end, here are the fears and toughts that are running through my head 24 hours from launch:

1) What if what I made is not good at all... As someone who prides himself on creating high quality deliverables in his first business, this is a tough pill for me to swallow. I am a decent writer. I have done video and web production before, but that was over 8 years ago which is a lifetime in the digital age. My content quality will not be as good as it should be, but I am going to force myself to be ok with that because the message is clear.

2) What if I am not Expert Enough for this? I don't have everything figured out. I know more now than I did 5 years ago, but I don't know EVERYTHING. If people ask me questions that I don't know, I am going to say "I don't know, but lets figure it out together." Maybe thats good enough and maybe not. We will find out.

3) What if it just doesn't work? This launch depends on others. It depends on people looking at and receiving what I have offered and then being willing to build a community around those ideas. It depends on the amount of value that I can create and what others perceive as worth their time, effort and money. That's easier said than done and those of you who have been in similar positions can understand the dilemma that puts someone in who is kind of a control freak.

But, here's the rub or silver bullet if you will to this whole thing. I have been here before. 5 years ago, I made my first phone call to a customer and said the words "I have started my own AV & Lighting company..." It was equally scary, hard and nerve-racking, but here I am much later with success and blessings beyond more than I can ever deserve. So, I do not have certainty about the future, but I am certain about my past and where it has brought me.

It has brought me to another launch.

http://ift.tt/2zlcFaP

submitted by /u/Dgourley2
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2yhByV0
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario