martes, 31 de octubre de 2017

Amazon killed my startup entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

Background

This past July, I posted about 3 unique things I did to “Surprise and Delight” my way to 15,000 customers.

Since then, I’ve been obsessively building a new business—a Chrome extension for Amazon sellers. This Chrome extension allowed Amazon sellers to directly contact any customer who left a review (previously not possible).

I also recently moved to Los Angeles on a $15K personal salary and need to make more money within 1-2 months to maintain my current lifestyle.

Initial traction

Only 3 weeks after launching, I was seeing 1-3 new signups per day (at a price of $34) with very little marketing! This, combined with positive feedback from customers, was sooo exciting.

...and then Amazon killed my startup

In an unexpected twist, last Friday night Amazon changed a key part of their HTML (which my Chrome extension relied on) and it stopped working entirely.

Reaction and takeaway

While this could have been gut-wrenching, I’m proud of how I reacted. Almost instantly, I knew I couldn’t afford to let it negatively affect my energy since I still need to make more money to afford LA.

My favorite podcast is “You Made it Weird” with Pete Holmes and I remember him saying something like this a while back:

Think of your life as a TV show. The hard times are just good episodes.

Since hearing that perspective, I’ve always tried to remember it when facing tough times. And hey—I’d totally watch the episode where I move to LA on a $15K salary and get my startup shut down my Amazon!

Next steps

I’ve since adapted the Chrome extension to work about 25% of the time (when an Amazon reviewer uses their real name).

I can’t justify charging money for this, so I decided to release this update for free. It could still be a good way to collect emails for my next Chrome extension, which I’ve already started building.

Anyway, I surprised myself a bit with how motivated I’ve been over the past few days, and I thought sharing this perspective might be useful for anyone else going through stressful times in their own business.

submitted by /u/musicfan39
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2zV6y9s
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario