martes, 31 de octubre de 2017

Small Biz Optimization/Efficiency: Viable Service? entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

I’ve always had a penchant for optimizing systems/processes. Inefficiency/waste makes me cringe and I love finding ways to minimize that waste or tweak things to realize some kind of measurable benefit.

Typically my outlet for this is my own home/habits/finances. Lately, though, I’ve found I’m able to put it to use at my job, identifying opportunities for improvement/cost savings/simplification. A few examples:

  • We recently completed some renovations and needed to furnish the new space. The owners had picked out some basic black sofas/chairs. I found comparable furniture for about 1/2 the price.

  • After going far too long with (and spending far too much on) mediocre Keurig coffee at our office, I researched and proposed a new setup that will save us ~$2,000/year (and likely boost morale :) )

  • The current system for connecting to a shared standing workstation employs 2 separate docking stations to accommodate Mac & PC—and still isn’t compatible with everyone’s machine. I’ve found a single-dock solution that will and allow everyone to easily connect.

  • A team member in another department had been using a Word doc as a template for a somewhat standardized content task, which resulted in a lot of manual work (char. counts, etc.) I created a replacement template in Excel to automatically calculate this stuff and streamline this task.

I really enjoy this work/solving these problems, and have a feeling it could be value in some form as a service. Generally, my value proposition is that, as a small business owner, while you’re grinding every day and also trying to think big picture, inefficiencies can creep in, whether on the periphery or hidden in plain site. And all these little things can add up to a big dent in your bottom line.

Do you think this kind of cost-saving/efficiency consulting is something small business owners would value? Be brutal.

submitted by /u/humor_fan
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2zliWU4
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario