jueves, 30 de noviembre de 2017

I've decided that I want to be my own boss. What tips do you have for starting out? entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

I'm not looking to make this happen tomorrow, but I want to start planning today.

I am 33 years old. I worked in restaurants from the time I was 14 until I was 28. I was a high school dropout. I went back to school in 2013 and got an associates degree. I am currently working as an administrative/legal assistant in a law firm and working part time in retail.

I went back to school because I felt I was at a point where I needed to have a degree to advance my career. There also was no love lost between me and the corporate quick service restaurant industry. I was a GM making OK money, but I was breaking my back and working far beyond 50 hours per week with no overtime. Also, I felt stupid and unsuccessful. Not that I was stupid, but I really felt that I needed to challenge myself and do something that required more use of my brain than my body. I also wanted to do something that made me feel like I was contributing more to society, and not just obesity.

I am OK with my job in the legal field and it the firm I work for does really great things for the community, but I know myself. I don't feel any passion with it. There's no spark and I can't/don't want to see my future in an office job. I probably knew (or should have known) that before I switched career paths, but I really was focused on doing something different for a lot of reasons.

Also, there were a lot of things I learned while getting my associates degree that changed my world view and view of myself. I'm actually invested in my own health for once and I've lost 85 pounds this year. I have more energy. I have a better (still not good) understanding of long-term financial investments and personal finance.

As scary as it is to do something where I am solely responsible, I know that I am capable and I know that spending the rest of my life working for other peoples dreams will kill me long before I actually die.

I've thought a lot about what I'm good at. I'm not really an expert in anything. I'm not very artistic. I'm a pretty capable person, and with the existence of the internet and Youtube I could probably teach myself to do a lot of things (I don't want to go back to school), but I'm just not that excited about a lot of my ideas. However, I do get excited about the idea of starting a food truck/cart. I'm from the southwest and I now live in the midwest and I have always had a love for food and cooking. I think I have some good ideas which, while not wholly original, would be unique to this area. I'm in a college town, and there is a decent food cart market already. I also have 14 years of experience in food service.

I don't know if this will ultimately be what I end up doing, but I'd love any advice or to know any of your successes or failures as entrepreneurs. What was it like starting out? Were you able to become profitable? Do you have any regrets?

Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

submitted by /u/theonewhoknockwurst
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2kd0yX3
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario