jueves, 30 de noviembre de 2017

Why did my novelty product fail? I have my thoughts, interested to hear yours. entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

So one of my businesses specializes in off-the-wall novelty products. The nature of the beast is that sometimes they are a hit and do well, and sometimes they bomb. This last one bombed hard. Not a single sale. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why.

The concept was an adult coloring book that re-imagined popular US political figures as zombies. I know this seems really weird, but it's supposed to be.

I felt the concept and art was executed pretty well. Here is the cover.

http://ift.tt/2ioWt1E

I've been aware for a long time now that social media "likes and shares" are not an accurate gauge for potential sales, but there was some really good activity when some of the images were shared, and I built up an audience of over a thousand people before launching (even though page likes don't matter much anymore... it's all about those targeted paid ads).

The price was set at $12.99, a solid price point I thought. The website is set up through shopify and looks clean and professional.

In my opinion, here's where I went wrong...

  1. I set out to make it as "bipartisan" as possible... when I should have picked a side... i.e. Republican Zombies and marketed to people who identify as Democrats, or the other way around.

  2. I tried to pre-sell a week in advance for the holidays, when this is more of a see-buy it-get it product. I was marketing it as a funny gift for political junkies.

Anyway, other than that I'm kind of drawing a blank. This wasn't meant to explode, just a grab a couple sales per day and I can't even manage to get one. I've had successful products in the past and followed that template, but it hasn't worked thus far.

Is the concept just too strange? Any way to salvage it such as making two separate books (one for dems, one for repubs)? Certainly interested to hear your thoughts.

submitted by /u/gooblemonster
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2ipP7uI
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario