miércoles, 30 de agosto de 2017

Seeking Music/Arts Investors entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

Hey all -

I’m a successful recording artist (rock/pop) with my own label. My team is capable of major-label scale marketing muscle and I have several investors each committed at the 100k range, but proper marketing at this level requires $1-1.3m. It’s an unusual investment opportunity so I’m not sure if this is the ideal place to post this, therein lies my question - is anyone aware of music/art focused investor groups I could reach? Networks like LIVAMP are nice but based around giving % of music/publishing rights, whereas I’ve structured my LLC's offerings equity-style under unit shares, allowing investors to tap into every revenue stream (not just royalties).

As an independent musician I’ve accumulated over 115k in revenue and significant international PR since my debut EP release in 2013 - this revenue is entirely organic as I had no budget whatsoever and was not pursuing music full-time until moving to LA in 2015. There’s a wikipedia article detailing my career highlights and I can link a PR montage showcasing mass social media traction, live videos, awards/media and demos from the upcoming album. Pandora still plays my 2013 release on international rotation. As a male piano rocker, I’m going for a modernized electro-Elton John vibe that absolutely nobody is doing - my music/brand has proven itself in the commercial market and we have veteran radio program directors vouching for the viability of the new music, which is significantly more polished and appealing than the 2013 release thanks to the help of a multi-platinum producer with several #1 hits under his belt.

I've been offered signing deals under Sony and Epic records in the past, but have never been interested in the overall sacrifices that come along with signing my life over to a label…So my team and I have spent years dissecting the major label business model: at the end of the day they’re nothing more than small offices playing the part of the investor, who then outsources all recording and marketing efforts to roughly a dozen companies (mostly marketing). At this point I’m surrounded by dozens of industry veterans with many decades of experience who believe in the project and have helped me network with the exact PR firms, radio promotors, distributors, etc that the top labels use. My goal has always been to develop my own label to launch myself, exactly like Macklemore and Chance the Rapper. Both have made millions sans-label from single releases, and I know for a fact both worked with investors and followed these formulas. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (his producer) famously netted $36 million off of their album “The Heist”, which they split with each other 50/50. In contrast, major-label’s John Mayer has an established career of over 13 albums yet he sits at a net worth of roughly $40 million.

The $15bn music industry is very lucrative when you follow major label fundamentals - it just requires a very rare combination of circumstances: a proven artist brand, a proven music product with proven commercial demographics, proven performance appeal, and the proven industry connections to pull off true mass music marketing. It has taken years to develop this properly, but I can say in full confidence we’re 100% where we need to be and that this is going to work big time.

I have a comprehensive business plan for those unfamiliar with the music industry detailing precisely how we’ll accomplish everything, where every cent goes, the major players on our team, etc. I also have a finished PPM drafted up with my company’s formal investment offerings, so literally everything is in place and the album is over halfway done, we just need the remainder of the capital to execute timely marketing.

Would absolutely love any insight on where to find investors interested in music / the arts :)

submitted by /u/j3ttPrescott
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2wJGzDT
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario