viernes, 30 de marzo de 2018

Advice on internet domains based upon personal experience entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

I have encountered two situations in recent days of business owners failing to obtain the .com domain for their business name, the inspiration for this post.

Keep it a secret until you have registered the domain name, try and obtain both the .com and the .net domains.

Once you have a great name for your business, keep it a secret until you have registered both the .com and the .net domain names. I have recommended obtaining both the .com and the .net domain names as they are the most important domain real estate in my opinion. If the .com domain is unavailable, at least try to obtain the .net domain.

Make sure you buy your domain name rather than it being offered free

Make sure to pay for the domain name and not allow a hosting company offer it free to you. I lost my main .com business domain on a temporary basis when it was provided free by the web hosting company and I cancelled my hosting package. I was lucky that nobody else wanted the domain, and I was able to capture it back.

What to do after you get your domain name

Make sure your whois details are correct, as a domain can risk cancellation or loss if the contact details are wrong. If you use a privacy service, note that legally the privacy company becomes the owner of the domain name, and you have placed faith in them that they won't steal it from you. The owner is the name on whois, and the privacy company is the one recorded on whois against your domain if you use their services to hide your contact details. Beware scams that seek to persuade you to register their details against your domain giving them ownership of it. Make sure you renew the domain before it expires, perhaps setting it to auto renewal, or a domain troll can grab the domain and hold you to ransom to get it back.

Finding inspiration for good domain names

If you are looking for inspiration for a domain name here follows some of my personal ways I get inspiration. For a game called aquila both the .com and .net domains were owned by someone else, so I added "game" to aquila, then I registered aquilagame.com. For a community project I looked for inspiration in local history and stories, discovered a local name of a Celtic god, then registered the name of the god as a .com domain. For a social network name I looked to the Welsh language and found a name meaning gathering and a home to register as a .com and a .net domain name. For an augumented reality project I used whois looking for combinations with AR in it, discovered what I wanted and registered the .com and .net domains.

The domain name and branding

A domain name does not have to mean anything, it is better in my opinion that the public have no preconceptions of the meaning of a domain name, and you define it for them through advertising and marketing. I did not have to do any SEO for my business name to rank in the top 10 on most search engines including Google within a short time.

submitted by /u/castlecorbenic888
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur https://ift.tt/2pW8pY6
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario