viernes, 30 de marzo de 2018

Settle This Debate: Is it Worthwhile to Try and Own a SERP? earn by blogging adsense income

Background:

The company I work at has long held a belief that owning multiple search results is an effective SEO strategy. As a result, when I first started in an SEO capacity, I inherited several websites targeted at different customer segments.

The main website itself had a lot of room for improvement so I had planned to focus my attention there almost exclusively, believing it to be more beneficial to get the main site ranking as well as possible first before worrying about other assets.

Not long into my tenure, we acquired a company in the same space. A new team member began managing all of the other websites and because they are WordPress sites chock-full of content, it didn't take long for them to start grabbing featured snippets and #1 rankings for all kinds of different keywords.

In the meantime, the work I've done has helped improve the main website as well, but because the other websites are optimized for the same keywords, the main website has struggled to dethrone the other websites. It's not a WordPress site so I've really had to fight to get any content on it at all.

To proponents of this strategy, it's "great" to be owing so many different search results. I have struggled to come up with a strong defense. The best I've tried to fight back with is that the click-through-rate is extremely low on these other sites so we're definitely not converting as well as we could be. That argument is met with a claim such as "but together we're still getting more than we would have with just one" and "it's better than those people going to competitors."

Ultimately, I'm going to have a hard time really showing them they're wrong about us getting more together until our main site overtakes them all in the rankings. I believe it would be better on its own because it already has a better conversion rate and we don't have to worry about CTR if people were going there directly. It also has the main brand name people are familiar with which helps earn instant trust.

Am I missing anything here? Anyone have any other points I could be making? Outside of the other websites, the other debate has centered around what to do with the competitor acquired. Their site has never really had a strong SEO presence and in my opinion, is not useful even just for lead gen. But it's being looked at in the same way the other sites are, as another way to own more of the SERP.

Would love to hear any and all feedback!

submitted by /u/soco914
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://ift.tt/2E7XKid
via IFTTT
can blogging make money

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario