miércoles, 29 de agosto de 2018

Google Indexing Page's previous URL earn by blogging adsense income

Hi,

This is quite a mess, a confusing tale I tell.

In mid to late July, I changed the url of a page to something very similar (for SEO purposes) and set up a 301 redirect from the previous URL to the new one.

Within the last couple of weeks, I noticed that the page has completely fallen out of the rankings altogether. When I Google searched for the new URL, the top listing was the old URL, but the exact new URL is not to be found. The page was last indexed early July, before I changed the URL.

I looked in my .htaccess and remembered that at some point in the past I had used the new URL for an old version of the site, and that redirect was still in my .htaccess file. So, I had a looping problem: URL A redirects to URL B redirects to URL A. I quickly deleted the original redirect, leaving only URL B redirecting to URL A.

I thought that might cause my page to be re-indexed, but it has not.

I used Google Search Console's Index Coverage tool and discovered that the new URL is excluded, type: page with redirect. I inspected that page using the same tool and discovered that the User-directed canonical and the google-declared canonical are the same, the old URL.

Is this purely a redirect issue that will resolve itself if I request a new crawl from Google? If so, is there a drawback to doing that?

Or have my mistakes caused a huge canonical mess? If so, how do i resolve it?

Thanks very much!

submitted by /u/PJ-Buddy
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://ift.tt/2onaiNs
via IFTTT
how to make money out of blogging

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario