viernes, 31 de marzo de 2017

At a life crossroads... He says I should quit. (long and winding post) entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

27/F/San Jose, CA

I am bipolar afflicted.

I tell you this because I've had this "project" that has manifested itself into my psyche since the onset of the illness. In my delusions of grandeur of I imagined that I was meant to unite the world in a feat of mass cooperation.

I'm back to normal now, or as normal as I CAN be. I'm stable on meds but I still really have this compulsion to work on my project. It's all I think about. It's all that I want out of life. To start my own project organization.

He says it doesn't make sense. I tried to explain it to him and he shot me down at every turn.

I had told him (my new boyfriend) that I was crazy... he didn't see why until NOW when I told him about this thing of mine.

Before, when I posited to my father that I was in a good mental state again, he said "No you're not." and I knew he was talking about my work.

So yeah... It's been about 5 years since I first got the inkling to take this on. The first version of it was known by me as "UpdateGov," because I thought if we were ever going to solve these complex societal problems, we were going to need to get hooked up over the internet. I thought you should be able to "follow" your representatives to see where their focus is at a given time.

Then after a short time, I realized that wasn't going to work out. The government is too slow.

The solution needed to be private sector.

So I went to town thinking of this website that would allow people to work on solving those problems together, without the governmental focus.

I ultimately figured that people need:

  • to be able to access this platform from their smartphone
  • their everyday internet actions to be converted into productivity (like, share, donate)
  • to set collective (shared) goals [like implementing a universal basic income by 2050] that people can subscribe to so that they can receive updates about efforts that are ongoing to make it happen
  • to be involved in collaborative projects so that we could build toward objectives outlined by the collective goals

I imagine a world where we have a HUB for working on these problems, and we dispatch people to complete these tasks and projects that help bring about more optimal outcomes for the future.

It's just people working on problems together.

I guess that's sooo unreasonable, though.

I just don't know if I should listen to him and give up.

I know I had a rough start, and that it wouldn't be easy... but to me it's worth it because I'm a believe in climate change and I think we need to be doing a lot more to address it. That's why I want to build this change catalyst movement.

I don't know what to do, though. I've been spinning my wheels.

I'm learning how to code so that I could some day make the website, myself. It's something practical I could do since I haven't been working for a few years and I need to learn a skill.

So yeah... should I quit?

submitted by /u/the_coin_collecter
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2oIfMQP
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario