viernes, 31 de marzo de 2017

Most Exhilarating Failure Ever entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

tl;dr : I tried to offer website services and failed

[ DISCLAIMER ] - This provides nothing of value but I'd like to share my experience in the hopes that it will inspire others to pursue their goals. cough and perhaps get a few pointers on what I could have done better cough

I must humbly admit that I'm a long time wantrepreneur and infamous lurker. This is a tale of how I almost escaped the dreaded want-zone.

A little back story, I got a DUI back in July of 2016 and got sentenced to do a 3 month long DUI program among other things. The class was pretty much just a bunch of dudes and the occasional female sitting in a circle talking about how to commit crimes lead by a 'counselor.'

One of the guys at these meetings owned a Private Investigator business and was a former police officer. I come to find that running the business and being an officer was a conflict of interest and as such he was given an ultimatum. Cops make 100k a year and have crazy benefits where I'm from so the fact that he chose his business made me assume it was doing fairly well. At my last class he had given me his business card and it had a url on it.

I had been learning web development for a few weeks at the time and curiously decided to see what this guys site looked like. It was made using godaddys website builder and had terrible formatting and an ugly color scheme. I was confident I could improve his website and decided I was going to send him an email. I was filled with sheer excitement and fear! I had no idea what I would even say but I fell back on some insights I could recall from "How To Win Friends And Influence People"

Here's what I sent: 'I'm [IDIOT_POSTING_THIS], the dude you met at the DUI program. I was looking over your website and I think I can help you out.

Your website is the very first thing a potential client will see about your company. You may be the best private investigator in the area, but if your website can not entice a visitor to call you, you will never have the opportunity to work with them.

An effective website design helps visitors learn about your agency, the services you offer, your brand, and your agency’s value proposition.

I've been developing/programming websites for a couple years now so I was thinking I could work on your website so it will be responsive on mobile while being aesthetically professional and modern. I'll code everything and host it on my website so you could see what it would look like without having to make any changes to your actual site. If you don't like it I could either make some changes at your request or that could be the end of it. If you like the website I could sell you the code/files for $250 and even help set everything up on your webhosting(It looks like you're using godaddy.com but I could be wrong.) I've attached a picture showing the average cost to have a website developed for comparison.'

I also sent him a link to my website and the image was a google screenshot stating the cost was between [2000-5000]

... He never replied but the moment after hitting send I had the strangest feeling. I felt truly amazing! I encourage everyone and anyone to take the leap. Things dont have to be perfect and you might not make the sale but you gotta fake it til you make it. Your chances are a hell of a lot better doing what I did than by making excuses as to why you're not working on your business. If you made it this far. Cheers.

[Disclaimer 2: If you read that last paragraph you owe me 5.99 because its basically the message in every 'millionaire' book around. Stay tuned for my book coming soon, 'The Millionaire Reddit Post']

submitted by /u/PoorManJack
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2okBb64
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario