lunes, 31 de julio de 2017

My Brick and Mortar (Of Sorts...) Starts This Weekend! entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

Howdy all,

I thought i'd share my story with you as it is a little different to a lot of the online business posts see here, and this week marks an important milestone in the story. About a year ago I was on holiday with a few friends, discussing a bar i'd visited a few years previously in Miami that served awesome frozen cocktails from Slush Machines. We discussed that we hadn't really seen anything like that in the UK, and as such, there was potentially a gap in the market. Within an hour, the core of an idea was formed, and within a couple of weeks of returning to the UK I was beginning work on making the idea a reality. I probably have r/entrepreneur to blame somewhat, as I was consistently reading and gaining inspiration from a lot of the posts here and wanted to start my own 'side-gig', but was waiting for the perfect idea to hit me. So thanks!

The concept was simple. I would convert an old horsetrailer into a mobile bar, the centrepiece of which would be a slush machine doing frozen cocktails. Along side a double sliding bottle cooler, and a wine fridge, we could take it to small festivals, weddings, and parties, with a menu that would be pretty much fully customisable depending on the event. As a result of events going on in their own lives, my friends couldn't commit to being heavily involved, but they all offered up some cash for a small share of the business, with the promise to help out with labour where and when possible. We (5 of us) all put in £600 initially, though I ended up myself putting in the majority of the additional cash we needed to get us to where we are, and I put in pretty much all of the renovation time (in return for a larger share of the profits). As I knew this would be the case from the start there were no issues; the old adage about not going into business with friends was firmly ignored and we still all get on just fine!

All 5 of us work full time jobs - this is a side business that we want to see develop and see where it goes. The immediate plan is to develop it in our free time for a steady source of side income. As we all work full time, however, it took a full year to finalize the renovation, from dusty old horse trailer to bar ready - you can see the album of our progress here.

All in all, we invested close to £7,000 for everything. That includes the trailer, a lot of the tools and equipment needed for the refurbishment, as well as all the equipment inside, the bar etc. With the exception of the electricity supply, which was wired in by a professional, it was all done by hand, by myself, with very little DIY experience.

The costs above also include the cost of getting ourselves licensed, registered with the National Catering Association for job opportunities, and getting a website in place, though in needs some work once we have some decent photos to hand.

This week is important, because we have our first booking, at a local food festival. We also have a wedding later on in August. Over the next few months, I'm hoping to cut my teeth at as many events as possible. There is no deep or meaningful reason behind this post - just to reiterate the message I got from reading all the posts from people of this subreddit - if you have any idea in your head, then go ahead and take a punt at making it a reality! For too long I put off the ideas I had floating around, convincing myself that it was not worth it, or wouldn't work. Even in the height of winter those old insecurities came back and I thought about giving up - but I stuck with it and now am feeling really positive. Bring on Saturday! And of course, if anyone has any specific questions relating to my project that may help them, feel free to ask!

submitted by /u/reeceprocter89
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2vaCRlX
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario