Me and my friend were (still are) desperate to start a business and just work together. In the beginning he was always thinking of crazy inventions, like stuff you’d see on Sharktank. I like to be realistic, not saying anyone couldn’t make the next Spongedaddy, but I want to work on something that will make me more appealing to bosses at potential “real world jobs”. I’m 21 and I don’t go to school anymore so I’m working full time at my dads landscaping business and we do well for ourselves but I always wanted to be my own boss of some sort of digital marketing company.
Anyways, I eventually stumble on affiliate marketing and immediately start to research and research. I end up making a website called thehubdeals.com (promise that’s not a shameless plug lol), and I start to get to work. I have some prior experience with WordPress but every site is different and requires different plugins so a lot of it is new to me. It took me about 12 ish hours to put everything on the site together (excluding the blogs which took about an hour each). I have a Twitter I made a few years back which was a Dragonball Z parody account (I know) with 3300 followers and converted it to The Hub Deals. I join a TweetDeck with other people promoting a business or service and the rules were to mass follow once a week and retweet each others tweets at least once a day. I get a very good amount of clicks everyday, around 250-500 depending on how many times we retweeted each other’s tweets, and after about a month I had 1 order worth $1.12.
Not a problem at the time, I have to work up to gain more. Then I start writing blogs and casually drop links in them. I really enjoyed writing blogs, they weren’t the best as I was never a skilled writer but it made me feel very good about myself and it was relaxing and I just felt normal when I was writing. Anyways, the blogs get some views and I’d get a few link clicks per blog but to me I was just excited that I was writing blogs, I never thought I’d be the kind of person that could post a piece of writing on the internet, it was so fulfilling.
Ok so after 2 months, my Twitter was (not surprisingly) suspended for automatic behavior or whatever. Big hit to my clicks obviously as my only other method of getting clicks was Facebook but my friend was in charge of that and we’d get maybe 3 clicks a day from it. After the Twitter got suspended I was a little depressed for 10 minutes but I immediately started a new account with the same goal, get more clicks. After about 2 days of writing blogs and tweeting them, I decided we needed a new approach, and that brings us to what we’re currently working on. A local business promotion platform and review page on Facebook.
I know you immediately think “that’s what Yelp is for” but hear me out. Yelp is not highly utilized around me. The point of our social medias (mostly Facebook) is to let business owners promote their business (free) and for customers to write reviews about businesses (also free). Our goal is to bring our community closer through interaction between business owners and customers. I believe what we’re doing is working because we finally hit 150 likes on our page as of 20 minutes ago.
Our longer term goal is to hit a certain amount of likes and eventually roll out “services” for business owners. Some of these services could be something like “$10 will get your post on the top of our page for an hour” or something like that (we haven’t figured out exactly what the services will be yet). The way our page is set up is the community posts are on their own page and the home page is dedicated to moderator posts and paid business promotions.
At the end of the day, we honestly do want to help out business owners in our community. My friends father and mine are small business owners so we understand what they have went through with advertising in the past (Valpak anyone?). It’s not all about the money for me, I understand this isn’t a crazy multimillion dollar business, I just enjoy the mental stimulation of coming up with something that is underutilized and making it something big.
As of right now we are in the “getting our name out there” phase. We were thinking of doing Facebook ads but opted to just post to local “for sale” pages and the Marketplace and Craigslist. These have all worked well for us, the average post takes about 2 minutes to write and post and we get about 3 likes for every post we put out. We’re hoping that as our community grows, it’ll become easier to gain a following because right now it’s mind numbingly slow, albeit very cool seeing a total stranger take the time to like our page. We have ideas to get some business cards and just drop them around town, in restaurants (with permission of course) and maybe on benches and other places. Facebook ads may have to be used eventually which isn’t a problem for me as the budget tool is very generous.
Sorry for the extremely drawn out yet rushed story, I just needed to type out exactly what has happened in the last 3 months and maybe get some constructive feedback. Please, if you’re going to talk down on our idea or say “this won’t work” just keep it to yourself. I’m not against negative feedback, but everytime I post an idea on here I always get the same people saying my ideas are dumb and I shouldn’t do them. I’m trying to be positive and make something work, so if you have any ideas about how we should continue doing this, I’d love to hear what you have to say!
[link] [comments]
from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2t96KUe
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger
how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario