jueves, 29 de junio de 2017

Should I get my Bachelors in Business as an entrepreneur? entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

Sorry if this gets ranty, but I need some advice from one businessman/woman to another. If you don't want to hear me ramble my woes (understandbly) skip to the bolded part.

I'm currently going into my third year in college for marketing. I never really wanted to go to college, especially not into marketing, but I have a very... image driven family who are threatening to disown me if I do not get at least a bachelors in "something sensible", and no affordable colleges around me offer entrepreneurship as a major or minor.

For a long time, my parents have been really unsupportive of me going down an entrepreneurial path despite it being something I've pursued since high school. They essentially believe it's impossible (despite an uncle of mine owning a very successful business of his own) and constantly refer to me as "having my head in the clouds" or laugh at me for thinking I'll be the next Steve Jobs (to be clear I don't think that, nor do I ever brag about anything I've done).

As of recently, I've grown one of my companies enough to earn me a decent living for someone of my age (~40,000 per year) and a new venture I'm working on has been growing exponentially over a matter of days.

I'm making a decent living doing what I love, and honestly need to spend more time on my businesses to grow them, but I just can't do that being a full time student for 2 more years.

On top of that, this is the first year of me leaving community college, and heading off to a university (meaning much more expensive classes that I can't afford without loans). That was really the last straw, and I was forced to reopen old wounds of telling my parents I wasn't going to go into debt to get a degree for something I don't want to do. I would essentially be burning every bridge with both my parents if I were to go through with this.

On the other hand they're offering to pay off my student loans if I choose to go, but I don't feel comfortable putting them in debt, especially as it'll just be something to hold over me.

I'd like to just say "heck it!" to my parents and let them burn those bridges, so I can take the path I believe I need to take, but it's not as simple as that.

That being said: Is getting a degree in marketing worth the time and money to myself as an entrepreneur or should I burn the bridges with my family to pursue my businesses?

To entrepreneurs with degrees, do you feel like the knowledge you gained from the degree was worth it? Is there genuine value to be gained from learning in a college rather than self-learning though reading books and reaching out to fellow entrepreneurs?

To entrepreneurs without degrees, do you feel like this has bottle-necked you in anyway? Have you ever felt inferior or regretted not pursuing a higher education?

Best wishes to all of you!

submitted by /u/JunkPeddler
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2tsiLTi
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario