jueves, 1 de marzo de 2018

After being burned by contractors years ago, ready to try again, but need advice. entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

I started my web development business over seven years ago. Three years in, I had two contractors working for me full-time. They were paid roughly $25/hour. They weren't the best developers though, so the price was right. The problem is that they were sucking up all the money, and the work was usually okay, but not good enough for me to give to the client without substantial rework, thus taking from me what doing this was meant to afford -- working all the time. I tried to hire better contractors, but they either wanted too high of pay ($70ish/hour when we as a company only charged $100/hour at the time), which wouldn't be profitable for me after taxes, etc.

Finally, I got rid of them all, downsized a bit, and today I'm making well into six-figures and the business gets big leads every day (most I'm turning down or ignoring, too busy, thus this post). My big clients are all wanting monthly retainers for SEO/maint, which is a new request I'm seeing more and more, but I can't support them and do new projects. I'm becoming overworked and I would like to start offloading easier tasks to contractors. The only thing stopping me is my fear of winding up like I did before.

Does anyone have any insight for me to get over this hurdle? Things that bother me are: How can I find competent contractors that don't charge so much that I lose my own profit incentive? Are freelancing sites any good these days (they were terrible when I tried 7 years ago)? How do you screen contractors? How did you start hiring good contractors?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

submitted by /u/CharlieandtheRed
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2HVW3b1
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario