Some Background
I am a 25-year old somewhat-successful solo entrepreneur. I am a self taught programmer. I have built multiple online businesses with overall 6-figures in profits. I have been living a nomadic life for the last 3 years, having travelled to 16 countries and lived in 9. I am taking a break from that and have decided to settle down in Toronto. I moved here last week.
I don't know anyone in Toronto!
I want a bunch of things:
Community
I want to socialize with other solo entrepreneurs, nomads, and high-energy people.
Here's the deal - all the existing meetups and groups I see cater to the business side of things (how to sell / how to grow / how to raise $$$ / React 101) or are shady (how to become a millionaire sitting at home / how to get your first 1000 customers / network your way to success). I am not interested in that. If you are such a big shot why are you running $10 workshops teaching wannabes how to become rich?
I am interested in the personal connection and growth aspect of being a solo entrepreneur. I don't want to talk about the latest React update. Tell me how you Reacted when your 2 year project burned to the ground and you had to sell your cat to pay for coffee.
Where do I look for the community I want? Any suggestions for meetups I should join?
Giving Back
As much as I love what I do I don't want it to be my whole life. I am also looking for ways to get involved and give back. I know little about how these things work but I think I might be interested in:
- Becoming an Entrepreneur in Residence
- Teaching some courses at local colleges
- Volunteering in some form
Any one reading this have experience with the above?
Workspace
I currently work out of coffee shops but I am open to working from a co-working space if that can help me build the community I want. Any suggestions?
I'm sorry if this post comes across as ambiguous. I know what I don't want. I am not sure I know what I do want.
Love your city, btw. I'm also down for meeting people over a cup of coffee and chatting about their experience and sharing mine.
[link] [comments]
from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2AenU4x
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger
how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario