miércoles, 27 de junio de 2018

Was promised commission for all digital sales. But then I was fired for “performance” reasons not long after completing a huge project and getting on page 1 of G in very competitive niche. earn by blogging adsense income

I was originally hired right out of college to do SEO for a small company that flips houses. It was a good gig because of the commission incentive as well as a decent hourly rate.

As soon as I got to work, I realized their SquareSpace site needed a ton of work. I only had experience with on page and had no coding experience. Because of what they wanted the site to do, I sought out a web dev. and we worked together(developer worked 10-20 hours a week for about 2 months).

Oh and did I mention that during the 5 months of working on this site, they changed the brand name and also changed the domain name THREE TIMES.

Despite all of this, I was still able to get on the first page of highly competitive SERP’s: “sell my house” “sell my house fast” and a couple others.

Within my 5 month employment, they did not get any “deals” as they call it. The bulk of the traffic was people wanting to list their house on the market- the company only wants deals where they provide low-ball cash offers to desperate people. And only two people came through the site meeting their criteria...they couldn’t close the deal because those two people also were shopping around and got higher cash offers from the competition.

But here is the kicker...all of this traffic was before we got the SEO results I was working towards. During my last week of employment we finally were getting decent organic traffic and ranking very highly, #4 for “sell my house [city]” and I was excited. I knew it was only a matter of time before the right person would come though, meeting their criteria for a “good deal”, and I would get my first commission check.

But then I was fired. I had worked exactly 5 months. They cited performance issues such as “outsourcing” (ie paying the web developer) and they also“felt as if I was learning too much on the job”. The last part really pissed me off because during my job interview, I specifically mentioned that I was not the most experienced so I was being paid on the low end of what they offered(between $600-1000 weekly).

So basically, I delivered exactly what was expected of me...”get on page 1 of google” is what we established for my specific task. As soon as this happened and right as I was beginning to expect the commission check, they fired me.

Unfortunately, we had nothing signed or any sort of written agreement. I was a 10-99 employee, which I am told was my employers way of committing tax fraud because I wasn’t allowed to work on anything else. They always told me I was family and how lucky they were to have me- I don’t understand how things could haves soured so quickly. This happened a week ago and I am just starting to realize that I don’t even want to work for their shitty company anyway.

Moral of the story: get things in writing and don’t put all your eggs in one basket. I love SEO but they were my only SEO project and my record shows that I was fired. It was a great learning experience, the only thing I am angry about is the lost commission and those assholes making money from all my hard work.

I appreciate everyone reading. I had to get all of this off my chest.

submitted by /u/JackieMoon000
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://ift.tt/2N4DqUT
via IFTTT
how to make money out of blogging

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario