domingo, 30 de abril de 2017

Need advice how to get visitors to my site - Price comparison engine for cycling components entrepreneur how earn by blogging blog

I am a software engineer who also loves cycling. Being a cyclist I buy most of my gear online and I do it often. As an online shopper for cycling components I realized there was a gap in the market of a price comparison website that would focus on cycling products specifically so I have developed http://ift.tt/2pwTaXe as a side project with the hope of turning it into a side income down the road.

It fetches products from several big online vendors via affiliate providers, offers easy way to search and browse these products and find the cheapest price for any given product across various online retailers.

The unique features is that it manages to group the same product from different vendors under the same product and has a decent search engine. The grouping part is not perfect yet and could be improved.

The website is fully functional and is updated daily with prices from the online merchants. As far as SEO goes, each page has a good title and I generate a sitemap for all my pages that is submitted to google.

Obviously this is not enough to get real visitors and actual feedback on the website.

For the last few months I've been trying to get onto another affiliate program with a major online vendor, but I keep getting rejected because I don't have much traffic. They judge traffic by US Alexa rank and I don't have much rank. I tried hiring someone on fiverr to boost my alexa rank, which he did, however all the traffic was from india.

My plan for marketing was to approach some cycling bloggers to write about the site, but I feel its not polished enough yet, and I also want to get that big american vendor that keeps rejecting me before I approach them. At the moment I have 9 product sources and about 150000 products indexed across the different online shops. I also tried posting it on some cycling forums and on some directory sites to get some backlinks.

At the moment I barely get any traffic, maybe 20 unique visitors per day.

Looking for tips how to get more traffic.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/j3di3
[link] [comments]

from Entrepreneur http://ift.tt/2pwPlRM
via IFTTT
add adsense to blogger

how much money do bloggers make? can blogs make money? make money off ads how to get money from blogging? best websites to make money blog adsense income earn from blogging website ideas to make money how websites make money?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario